South African Crunchies
Similar to the British flapjack, but these are crunchie and chewy. You can add chopped raisins, dried apricots or apples, add choc chips or chopped nuts. There are so many options.
- 1 cup sugar (250ml)
- 1 cup margarine (240g)
- 2 cups Oats (500ml)
- 1 3/4 cups coconut (400ml)
- 2 cups Flour (500ml)
- 2 Tablespoons Illovo Golden Syrup
- 2 Tablespoons boiling water
- 1 teaspoon sodium bicarbonate
- Cream margarine and sugar well.
- Beat in Golden Syrup
- Blend coconut into creamy mixture.
- Mix oats and flour and add to mixture.
- Dissolve bicarb in boiling water and blend into dough.
- Press into greased oven dish.
- Bake 275F degrees for 45 minutes.